Development Engineer【Kyoto Office】
- After inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences, we will assign you to work on either server-side or application development.
■ Server Development
You will be performing API/web application design and development work for server-side features that accompany LINE’s messaging and social graph services or related services (referred to as “LINE Family Apps” below) running on the LINE platform.
- Systems include: much of the API, client-server/server-server coordination, databases, and parallel batch jobs.
- Working to achieve scalability, stability, ease-of-use, and flexibility for continual improvements in the services.
- Working to improve work product quality from an engineering standpoint through code reviews and teamwork.
【Examples of Server Development Work】
- Service development for paid content and sponsored content on LINE.
- Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Market”, “LINE Fortune”, “LINE Surveys”, “LINE Part Time Jobs”, etc.).
■ Client Development
You will be involved with the development of, and operational work for, the LINE client and LINE Family App clients.
- Collaborating with the Planning and Design teams to bring ideas to life (e.g. through coding, creating unit tests, etc.).
- Performing app profiling and improving performance.
- Improving and maintaining a CI environment that supports stable development by a large group.
- Developing new features.
- Improving code quality through code reviews.
【Examples of Client Development Work】
- Development of messaging features in the LINE app.
- Development of sticker purchase features in the LINE app.
- All matters of development for the LINE@ app.
- Development of LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Studio”, “LINE Fortune”, “LINE Part Time Job”, etc.).
【Main Technologies Utilized】
【No Japanese Skills Required】
This position requires no Japanese language skills; There are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 1 year after arriving in Kyoto. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.
- 【Required Skills】
• At least 1 year related experience.
• English language skills (business level or above),
• Non-Japanese speaking applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language after arriving Japan
• Professional knowledge of at least one programming language
• Understanding of computer science
• Fundamental knowledge of memory, processes, threads, and their relation to programming
• A fundamental understanding of network technology (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, etc.), databases, and SQL
• Experience in developing native apps using Java/Kotlin, Swift/Objective-C
• Experience in Web application development using languages such as Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
• A history of active participation in the Open Source community
• Experience with development/operation of systems with large quantities of data and traffic
- Kyoto City
- Discretionary working time
- 待遇 / 福利厚生
- 【Working days】
Monday to Friday
【Rest Days, Holidays and Leaves】
• Public holiday
• Year end and New Year holiday
• Bereavement leave, marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
• Annual leave
• Refreshment leave (An employee is entitled to 10 days additional paid leave after having been employed under a continuous contract for every 5 years.
Transportation allowance, Medical & Social Insurance, LINE Pay Benefit plan
Fixed annual salary + Incentive (twice/year)