Development Engineer (Server-side)【Kyoto Office】
- We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
■ Server Development
You will be performing API/web application design and development work for server-side features that accompany LINE’s messaging and social graph services or related services (referred to as “LINE Family Apps” below) running on the LINE platform.
- Systems include: much of the API, client-server/server-server coordination, databases, and parallel batch jobs.
- Working to achieve scalability, stability, ease-of-use, and flexibility for continual improvements in the services.
- Working to improve work product quality from an engineering standpoint through code reviews and teamwork.
【Examples of Server Development Work】
- Service development for paid content and sponsored content on LINE.
- Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Market”, “LINE Fortune”, “LINE Surveys”, “LINE Part Time Jobs”, etc.).
【Main Technologies Utilized】
【No Japanese Skills Required】
This position requires no Japanese language skills; There are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 1 year after arriving in Kyoto. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.
- 【Required Skills】
• At least 1 year related experience.
• English language skills (business level or above),
• Non-Japanese speaking applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language after arriving Japan
• Professional knowledge of at least one programming language
• Understanding of computer science
• Fundamental knowledge of memory, processes, threads, and their relation to programming
• A fundamental understanding of network technology (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, etc.), databases, and SQL
• Experience in developing native apps using Java/Kotlin, Swift/Objective-C
• Experience in Web application development using languages such as Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
• A history of active participation in the Open Source community
• Experience with development/operation of systems with large quantities of data and traffic
- LINE Kyoto
SAKIZOPLAZA B1 FL., 28 Shimogyouku, Shijodoori Fuyacho, Nishiiru Tachiurihigashi-cho,
Kyoto, Kyoto, 600-8005, Japan
- Discretionary working time
- 待遇 / 福利厚生
- 【Working days】
Monday to Friday
【Rest Days, Holidays and Leaves】
• Public holiday
• Year end and New Year holiday
• Bereavement leave, marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
• Annual leave
• Refreshment leave (An employee is entitled to 10 days additional paid leave after having been employed under a continuous contract for every 5 years.
Transportation allowance, Medical & Social Insurance, LINE Pay Benefit plan
Fixed annual salary + Incentive (twice/year)
Other details will be informed at the interview.