TOKYO – July 18, 2019 – LINE Corporation announces that LINE Score, launched by its group company LINE Credit Corporation* on June 27, has exceeded one million score registrations in 19 days since service launch (as of July 15, 2019).
*LINE Credit Corporation is a joint venture formed by LINE Financial Corporation, Mizuho Bank Ltd., and Orient Corporation.
LINE Score is LINE's proprietary scoring model that leverages AI technology. It is developed under the concept to "enrich daily life" and available to all 80 million monthly active LINE users through the LINE Wallet tab in the LINE messaging app. LINE Score offers attractive promotions and perks based on the user's score.
With growing public interest and enthusiasm toward scoring services, as well as favorable responses to the promotions and benefits offered by LINE Score, more than one million users have registered their scores since service launch (as of July 15, 2019). LINE Score is used by a wide audience, with users between twenty and fifty being the largest age group.
LINE Score will continue to expand while operating as a safe and secure scoring service that offers to "enrich daily life."
About LINE Corporation
(1) Name: LINE Corporation
(2) Location of Head Office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
(3) Representative: Takeshi Idezawa, Representative Director, President, Chief Executive Officer
(4) Business: Provision and operation of the LINE messaging app and content and services made available on the LINE platform, in addition to other web service businesses and AI businesses
(5) Capital: JPY 96.199 billion (as of April 30, 2019)
(6) Established: September 4, 2000 (Changed trade name from NHN Japan Corporation to LINE Corporation on April 1, 2013)
About LINE Credit Corporation (as of June 2019)
(1) Name: LINE Credit Corporation
(2) Head office: Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower 22F, 1-1-1 Nishishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
(3) Representative: Mikihiko Yoshinaga, Representative Director
(4) Business: Provision and operation of scoring service, and development of loan service
(5) Capital and Capital Reserve: JPY 5 billion
(6) Share Structure: LINE Financial Corporation: 51%, Mizuho Bank, Ltd.: 34%, Orient Corporation: 15%
(7) Established: May 1, 2018