● GIobal AI-related technology event for developers of any nationality
● Strives to inspire the tech community and advance tech skills in the AI domain
TOKYO – June 25, 2019 – LINE Corporation and Korea’s No.1 search engine, NAVER Corporation, today announce AI RUSH 2019, a jointly-hosted AI-related technology development event.
AI RUSH 2019 official website : https://ai-rush.com/
Since unveiling the cloud-based AI assistant Clova in 2017, LINE has released several Clova-equipped smart speakers and other products as an AI assistant to enhance the lives of users, such as Clova WAVE, Clova Friends, Clova Friends mini and Clova Desk.
LINE is continuously developing and improving Clova's skills, including speech recognition, natural language understanding and natural speech synthesis to deliver ever-higher product quality. In addition, in 2018 LINE publicly released the Clova Extensions Kit—a development platform that allows external companies and developers to build and extend functionalities (known as "skills")—facilitating development by external developers and for Clova to meet diverse user needs. Furthermore, LINE announced at the end of last year the development of a B2B business to supply various LINE-owned AI technologies to external developers and companies, with preparations toward a summer 2019 service launch underway.
LINE and NAVER to cooperate on developer event for the invigoration of AI-related tech communities and the development of AI-related technologies
AI RUSH 2019 looks to inspire the highly-skilled community of developers who hold a deep interest in AI-related technologies. Striving to address the growing needs from various companies and organizations for advancement in AI-related technology, the event targets developers worldwide through cooperation between LINE, which is committed to advancing its AI-domain services as a business strategy, and by NAVER, which is Korea’s number one search engine and boasts a high level of technology for natural language processing, particularly in Japanese and Korean.
AI RUSH 2019 is an event where teams of one to three members compete to solve AI tech-related challenges. Online qualifiers are scheduled to be held between July 29 and August 8, with the top 30 teams qualifying for the main event. There will be an online development period between August 14 and August 26, followed by a final all-team hackathon-style on-site development between the three-day period of August 27-29. Anyone interested in AI-related technologies can register for the competition, regardless of nationality.
AI RUSH 2019 Program Details
• Sign-ups: from June 25 until 3:00 pm, July 22 (GMT+8)
• Qualifiers: from July 29 until August 8
• Results announcement: August 8
• Main event (online): from August 14 until August 26
• Main event (on-site): from August 27 until August 29
• On-site venue for the main event: NAVER Connect One (Chuncheon City, Republic of Korea)
• How to apply: Please apply through the participation form on the AI RUSH 2019 official website. Please refer to the same site for participation rules and for further details.
*Travel expenses to the venue will be paid by the organizers. Please refer to the official site for the amount covered.
Additional information will be announced on the following webpages and accounts:
• Official AI RUSH 2019 website: https://ai-rush.com/
• LINE Engineering Blog: https://engineering.linecorp.com/ja/blog/
• LINE Developers Twitter account: https://twitter.com/LINE_DEV
• LINE Developers Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/engineering.line/