● All 2,219 MINISTOP stores in Japan will begin accepting LINE Pay's QR code and bar code payments
● Special 20% rebate rate on purchases offered in addition to My Level reward program and Pay with My Code-exclusive 3% bonus rebate
TOKYO – December 17, 2018 – LINE Pay Corporation announces that starting today, MINISTOP Co., Ltd. will begin accepting mobile payments with the LINE Pay mobile money transfer and payment service (available through the LINE messaging app) at its convenience stores across Japan.
MINISTOP is a convenience store chain operating 2,219 stores in Japan (as of November 30, 2018). The operator's decision to implement LINE Pay's smartphone payments in its stores is aimed at providing greater convenience to its customers.
Any LINE user can instantly register for LINE Pay from within the LINE app and start using the service by simply agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Use. Once registered, users top up their account balance by transferring money from their bank account, going to a convenience store, or using other available options. Then, users can start making purchases from stores nearby, vending machines, online stores, and other LINE Pay affiliates just with their smartphone. Furthermore, LINE Pay enables peer-to-peer money transfers free of transaction fees. To pay with their LINE Pay account balance, users show their "Pay with My Code" screen at the register and allow the cashier to scan the barcode displayed.
LINE Pay is also offering a special deal for My Code payments.
During the campaign period, users who use Pay with My Code to make payments in brick-and-mortar LINE Pay affiliates receive an extra 3% of their purchase value back in LINE Points *2 on top of their basic redemption rate of 0.5% to 2% specified by the My Level reward program*1. In other words, all users earn at least 3.5% and up to 5% back in LINE Points for every purchase.
*1: My Level is a reward program that incentivizes users with LINE Points for making payments with LINE Pay. The monthly redemption rate is determined by the total payment amount made with LINE Pay during the previous month. A user's account status is shown with one of four different-colored badges. Every badge color signifies a different LINE Point redemption rate of 0.5%, 0.8%, 1%, or 2%. Details regarding the My Level incentive program may change in the future.
Please visit the official LINE Pay blog for more information: http://pay-blog.line.me/archives/10928823.html (Japanese only)
*2: The exceptional deal is offered until July 31, 2019.
Notes regarding the campaign
・The additional 3% rebate rate is not applied to LINE Pay's Scan Bill.
・The basic rate of LINE Points rewarded to users through the My Level reward program and the additional 3% worth of LINE Points users receive by making code payments in the latest promotional campaign are calculated separately. Once the amount of basic and additional LINE Points to be rewarded to users is calculated individually, the total amount of LINE Points rounded to the nearest whole number is granted.
・LINE Pay Corporation reserves the right to modify campaign details or terminate the campaign without prior notice.
MINISTOP is a participating retailer in the 20% LINE Points rebate campaign*3.
*3: For more information, visit: https://linepay.line.me/campaign/paytoku.html (Japanese only)
LINE Pay closes the distance between people, money, and services by eliminating existing pain-points – time, effort, fees, and more – of circulating money, and aims to lead the mobile FinTech industry as the world moves increasingly towards a cashless and walletless society. The company also aims to become a leader in the FinTech industry as the world moves increasingly towards becoming a cashless, walletless society.
Making barcode payments with LINE Pay
1) On your smartphone, access the "Wallet" tab in LINE, and tap "Pay with My Code" at the top
2) Enter your passcode* to display your code (* skipped if already entered when launching LINE Pay)
3) At the register, show your code and tell the cashier that you are paying with LINE Pay
4) Have your barcode scanned (by the cashier)
5) Take your receipt (a payment completion message is sent to your LINE app)
MINISTOP Co., Ltd. Overview
Name: MINISTOP Co., Ltd.
Location of head office: 1-5-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba
Representative: Akihiro Fujimoto, President and Representative Director
Capital: JPY 7.491533 billion
Established: May 21, 1980
- Operation of MINISTOP convenience stores
- Provision of product information and management training to new MINISTOP store owners upon entering into a franchise agreement
LINE Pay Corporation Overview (as of May 11, 2018)
Company name: LINE Pay Corporation
Head office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yongsu Ko, Representative Director and Chief Executive Officer
Capital: JPY 3.6 billion
Established: May 9, 2014
- Issuance, sales, and management of e-money, other electronic monetary value, and advance payment methods, provision of digital payment systems, and funds transfer
- Sales and operation of LINE@
- LINE Kakeibo
- Service development
- Advertising agency
LINE Official Account: @linepay_jp (Japanese only)
Official Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/linepay_jp (Japanese only)
List of LINE Pay Merchants: https://line.me/ja/pay/merchant (Japanese only)
LINE Pay Corporation is a registered member of the following organization and has obtained the following registrations in association with the launch of its business:
- Issuers of Prepaid Payment Instruments for Third-Party Business (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau 00669, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Funds Transfer Service Providers (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau 00036, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Japan Payment Service Association (http://www.s-kessai.jp, Admission date: August 6, 2014)