● Register with LINE Pay and Google Pay™ to make smartphone-based contactless payments at nearly 810,000 payment locations across Japan
● Complete initial registration process and receive 1,000 LINE Points as a bonus
TOKYO – November 22, 2018 – LINE Pay Corporation, operator of the LINE Pay mobile money transfer and payment service available on the LINE messaging app, announces that LINE Pay for Android has begun supporting the contactless payment product QUICPay, operated by JCB Co., Ltd., from November 21, 2018.
By registering from LINE Pay's main menu in the LINE app, Android users can make contactless payments in stores that support QUICPay+™.
* Mobile device must be Osaifu-Keitai® compatible (version 6.1.5 or higher) and running Android™5.0 or higher.
During LINE Conference 2018 held this June, LINE Pay Corporation announced that, in response to popular demand among users in Japan, LINE Pay will support the contactless payment product QUICPay as its third type of offline payment option following the LINE Pay Card and QR/bar code payment.
Now, users can pay with their LINE Pay account balance using a QUICPay+ compatible terminal at nearly 810,000 locations across Japan by registering with Google Pay. Without launching the LINE app, users simply hold their phone close to a QUICPay+ terminal to easily and conveniently pay with their LINE Pay account balance.
* QUICPay and QUICPay+ are registered trademarks of JCB Co., Ltd.
* Google Pay and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
* Osaifu-Keitai is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO Inc.
* Please update LINE to the latest version to use the service.
Promotional campaign to kick off LINE Pay's integration of Google Pay (QUICPay)
Host: LINE Pay Corporation
Campaign period: November 21 to December 31, 2018
Target: Android users
Details: All Android users who register their LINE Pay account with Google Pay receive 1,000 LINE Points as a bonus. Offer valid only once per user.
* While LINE Points are rewarded as soon as registration is confirmed, receiving the Points may require some time.
* Users can spend their LINE Points, valued at JPY 1 per Point, as their LINE Pay account balance at any participating online or physical store, send to their LINE friends, and more.
How to use QUICPay
1) Download the Osaifu-Keitai app and the Google Pay app to an Android phone.
2) Launch LINE, select the Wallet tab, and tap the account balance.
3) Tap QUICPay from the main menu. (*)
4) Select Google Pay and register LINE Pay as the main card to complete the registration process.
Soon, users can also register from the Google Pay app. Once the option becomes available, users can select the Payment tab in Google Pay and link their LINE Pay account with Google Pay by registering their LINE Pay Card as their main card.
(*) A LINE Pay Card is required to use QUICPay with LINE Pay. Users who do not have a LINE Pay Card will be prompted to issue a virtual or physical LINE Pay Card when they select QUICPay from the LINE Pay menu. A LINE Pay Card is a prepaid card that allows users to make purchases with their LINE Pay account balance. While a plastic card requires time to be issued, a virtual card can be issued instantly and registered to Google Pay.
Virtual LINE Pay Cards are accepted as a payment method at online JCB affiliates. Plastic LINE Pay Cards are mailed to users within several days after registration, and can be used to make purchases online as well as at brick-and-mortar JCB affiliates.
LINE Pay closes the distance between people, money, and services by eliminating existing pain-points – time, effort, fees, and more – of circulating money. The company also aims to lead the mobile FinTech industry as the world moves increasingly towards a cashless and walletless society.
JCB Co., Ltd. Overview (as of March 31, 2018)
Company name: JCB Co., Ltd.
Head office: Aoyama Rise Square, 5-1-22 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Ichiro Hamakawa, President and Chief Executive Officer
Capital: JPY 10.616 billion
Established: January 25, 1961
Primary businesses: Credit card operations, providing credit card operation services, financing, credit guarantee, collections, gift card and certificate issuing and sales
LINE Pay Corporation Overview (as of May 11, 2018)
Company name: LINE Pay Corporation
Head office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yongsu Ko, Representative Director and Chief Executive Officer
Capital: JPY 3.6 billion
Established: May 9, 2014
- Issuance, sales, and management of e-money, other electronic monetary value, and advance payment methods, provision of digital payment systems, and funds transfer
- Sales and operation of LINE@
- Service development
- Advertising agency
LINE Official Account: @linepay_jp (Japanese only)
Official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/linepay_jp (Japanese only)
LINE Pay Corporation is a registered member of the following organization and has obtained the following registrations in association with the launch of its business:
- Issuers of Prepaid Payment Instruments for Third-Party Business (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau 00669, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Funds Transfer Service Providers (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau General 00036, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Japan Payment Service Association (http://www.s-kessai.jp, Admission date: August 6, 2014)