2018.11.15 LINE Pay
Use smartphones to pay taxes, such as Individual Municipal/Prefectural Inhabitants Tax and Fixed Asset Tax, by scanning the barcode on tax payment slips from December 14
TOKYO – November 15, 2018 – LINE Pay Corporation, operator of smartphone digital wallet service LINE Pay (http://line.me/pay) available on the LINE messaging app, announces that the City of Osaka will accept tax payments with LINE Pay Scan Bill starting December 14, 2018.
Through Densan System Co., Ltd.’s collection agency service, the following tax payment slips issued by the City of Osaka would now be payable using LINE Pay Scan Bill.
■ Applicable tax payment slips
Individual Municipal Inhabitants Tax/ Individual Prefectural Inhabitants Tax (ordinary collection)
Individual Municipal Inhabitants Tax/ Individual Prefectural Inhabitants Tax (special collection)
Fixed Asset Tax, City Planning Tax (land and houses)
Fixed Asset Tax (depreciable assets)
Light Motor Vehicle Tax
Corporate Inhabitant Tax
Municipal Tobacco Tax
Scan Bill enables users to settle public utility bills and mail order invoices with their LINE Pay account balance at anytime, just by scanning the barcode printed on the bill. Scan Bill helps to reduce overdue invoices and increase collection rate by eliminating the need for users to prepare cash and visit stores to pay their bills. This makes the service useful for both payers and beneficiaries.
* A payment processing fee may apply at the user's expense for invoices issued by certain collection agencies.
Users will be informed during the payment process if any fees will be charged.
Fees will not apply for payments using tax payment slips issued by the City of Osaka.
LINE Pay closes the distance between people, money, and services by eliminating existing pain-points – time, effort, fees, and more – of circulating money. The company also aims to lead the mobile FinTech industry as the world moves increasingly towards a cashless and walletless society.
How to Use LINE Pay Scan Bill
1) On your LINE smartphone app, access the Wallet tab (wallet icon), and tap Scan Bill
2) Read the instructions and tap Next to launch the Code Reader
3) Scan barcode on invoice
4) Confirm invoice details displayed on screen
5) Choose to settle amount
6) Enter passcode (PIN)
7) Payment complete (A confirmation message will be sent to your LINE app)
LINE Pay Corporation Overview (as of May 11, 2018)
Company Name: LINE Pay Corporation
Head Office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yongsu Ko, Representative Director and Chief Executive Officer
Capital: JPY 3.6 billion
Established: May 9, 2014
- Issuance, sales, and management of e-money, other electronic monetary value, and advance payment methods, provision of digital payment systems, and funds transfer
- Sales and operation of LINE@
- Service development
- Advertising agency
LINE Pay merchants accepting payment by invoice: https://line.me/ja/pay/merchant (Japanese only)
LINE Pay Corporation is a registered member of the following organization and has obtained the following registrations in association with the launch of its business:
- Issuers of Prepaid Payment Instruments for Third-Party Business
(Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau 00669, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Funds Transfer Service Providers
(Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau General 00036, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Japan Payment Service Association (http://www.s-kessai.jp, Admission date: August 6, 2014)