2018.11.01 LINE Pay
Use smartphone to scan barcode printed on invoice for tax payments to local public organizations, including automobile taxes and property taxes
TOKYO – November 1, 2018 – LINE Pay Corporation ("LINE Pay"), operator of mobile money transfer and payment service LINE Pay (http://line.me/pay) available on the LINE messaging app, announces that Chigin Network Service Co., Ltd. ("Chigin Network Service") will begin accepting LINE Pay Scan Bill for invoices payable on its over-the-counter payment at convenience stores service starting November 30, 2018.
Scan Bill can also be used for tax payments, including automobile taxes and property taxes, to local public organizations.
Chigin Network Service is a joint enterprise by 64 regional banks that are members of the Regional Bank Association of Japan. Through these regional banks, Chigin Network Service offers a variety of payment services to local public organizations and private businesses in Japan, including over-the-counter payment at convenience stores and web bank transfer registration.
Chigin Network Service is the industry leader in providing over-the-counter payment service at convenience stores for local public organizations and enterprises. Approximately 800 local public organizations, 500 local public enterprises, and 2100 private businesses utilize its over-the-counter payment service at convenience stores (as of September 30, 2018, including applicants), with transactions taking place mainly in regional districts. The recent partnership with Chigin Network Service makes it possible to offer Scan Bill, a feature of LINE Pay, as an additional option to settle a wide range of invoices, including tax payments to local public organizations, such as automobile tax and property tax.
Scan Bill enables users to settle public utility bills and mail order invoices with their LINE Pay account balance at anytime, just by scanning the barcode printed on the bill. Scan Bill helps to reduce overdue invoices and increase collection rate by eliminating the need for users to prepare cash and visit stores to pay their bills. This makes the service useful for both payers and beneficiaries.
* A payment processing fee may apply at the user's expense for invoices issued by certain collection agencies.
Users will be informed during the payment process if any fees will be charged.
LINE Pay closes the distance between people, money, and services by eliminating existing pain-points – time, effort, fees, and more – of circulating money. The company also aims to lead the mobile FinTech industry as the world moves increasingly towards a cashless and walletless society.
How to Use LINE Pay Scan Bill
1) On your smartphone, access the Wallet tab in LINE, and tap Scan Bill
2) Read the instructions and tap Next to launch the Code Reader
3) Scan barcode on invoice
4) Confirm invoice details displayed on screen
5) Choose to settle amount
6) Enter passcode (PIN)
7) Payment complete (A confirmation message will be sent to your LINE app)
About Chigin Network Service
Company Name: Chigin Network Service Co., Ltd.
Head Office: Nihonbashi Nichigin-dori Building 5F, 4-6-7 Nihonbashi Hongokucho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yukio Furushiro, Director and President
Capital: JPY 312 million
Established: February 1, 1978
Primary Business: Data transmission service, payment collection service, information provision service
About LINE Pay Corporation (as of May 11, 2018)
Company Name: LINE Pay Corporation
Head Office: JR Shinjuku Miraina Tower 23F, 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Yongsu Ko, Representative Director and Chief Executive Officer
Capital: JPY 3.6 billion
Established: May 9, 2014
- Issuance, sales, and management of e-money, other electronic monetary value, and advance payment methods, provision of digital payment systems, and funds transfer
- Sales and operation of LINE@
- Service development
- Advertising agency
LINE Pay merchants accepting payment by invoice: https://line.me/ja/pay/merchant (Japanese only)
LINE Pay Corporation is a registered member of the following organization and has obtained the following registrations in association with the launch of its business:
- Issuers of Prepaid Payment Instruments for Third-Party Business (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau 00669, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Funds Transfer Service Providers (Registration number: the Director of the Kanto Finance Bureau General 00036, Registration date: October 1, 2014)
- Japan Payment Service Association (http://www.s-kessai.jp, Admission date: August 6, 2014)