Tokyo, Japan –November 30, 2016 – LINE Corporation, owner and operator of the free call and messaging app LINE, announced that some of its game titles operating under the LINE Games service closed at 3 pm today (GMT+9).
Through this decision, LINE Games hopes to focus its resources on titles that are enjoying greater growth in order to further propel the service as a global gaming platform.
Along with the closure of the service, all remaining purchased points will be refunded to users according to Japanese law (Article 20, Section 1 of the Act on Settlement of Funds).
We would like to thank all players for their support over the years. LINE Games will continue to work towards providing more fun and exciting games for the enjoyment of all players. We appreciate your understanding over this decision.
The games that have closed and the in-app currencies that will be refunded are as follows.
List of Closed Games and Means of Advanced Payment (Paid Points) Refundable
Balance of paid points unused as of November 30, 2016 will be refunded.
Issuer of Means for Advance Payment
How to Apply for Repayment
1. Access the refund application form (https://refund.line.me/) and log in using your LINE account information (email address and password). Please note that the repayment application form is designed to be accessed from a PC browser, and may not display correctly on smartphone browsers.
2. Select the title you wish to apply for a refund for, and check the balance displayed.
3. Enter your bank account information and submit your application. If there is no refundable amount, the form to enter your bank account information will not be displayed.
Period Repayment Applications are Accepted
From 3 pm on December 15, 2016 until 3 pm on February 20, 2017 (GMT+9).
If your repayment application is not received within the above time period, then you will be excluded from the repayment proceedings.
After the required paperwork has been filed by LINE Corporation, the remaining balance of the advance payment will be submitted in Japanese Yen via bank transfer to the bank account designated by the customer.
Remittance fees such as bank transfer fees, both domestic and international, will be the sole responsibility of LINE Corporation. In the case of international remittances, other fees such as receipt fees, brokerage fees, and foreign exchange fees will not be the responsibility of LINE Corporation. Thank you for your understanding.
Contact Form (https://contact.line.me/en/)
- Processing of repayments will begin after applications have stopped being accepted (from February 27, 2017, GMT+9).
- If the same customer submits an application concerning the same amount of currency multiple times, the information in the most recent application will be used.